Over 11,000 people work in the sector, with more than 4,000 of those employed on a part time basis. 23,000 full time roles are supported in the wider economy because of their work.
There are over 200 different types of jobs across a range of different roles, ranging from working in construction to web design. 65% of people who work for housing associations in Wales say the best part of the job is being able to make a difference!
In addition to making a positive difference to people’s lives, housing associations provide a number of benefits, including:
- flexible working arrangements (78% of the sector offer this)
- training and development opportunities (£535 Average spend per FTE employee)
- enhanced holiday, maternity and sickness benefits
- company cars (offered by 70% of the sector)
- additional pension contributions (provided by over 62% of the sector)
30% of the sector have attained the Investors in People award.